These tasty sandwiches are perfect for a low key dinner. Paired with french fries, or chips. Takes a bit longer than some other pressure cooker recipes, but is worth it! Recipe
Total cooking time: 2.5 hrs
- 2- 2.5 lb chuck roast
- 1 TBSP of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Allow the roast rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before searing.
- Add vegetable oil to the Instant Pot and hit the sauté button.
- Season chuck roast with 2 teaspoon of kosher salt, freshly ground pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder on all side.
- Using a pair on long heat-proof kitchen tongs, brown the roast on all sides in Instant Pot, then remove and set aside.
- Add onions to pot and sauté just until they start to soften.
- Add red wine to pot and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape up seared bits from the bottom of the pot as it simmers.
- Once wine has reduced, add beef broth and bay leaf.
- Return roast to Instant Pot, close lid and make pressure release valve is set to sealing.
- Hit Meat/Stew function and increase time to 100 minutes.
- When done, turn to off then let Instant Pot natural release for 25 minutes, then turn valve to venting to release any excess pressure.
- Remove lid and transfer roast to a serving plate and shred.
- Strain liquid through a fat strainer and serve warm for dipping sandwiches.
- Set oven to broil and place sandwich rolls on a baking sheet.
- Combine melted butter and pinch of kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Brush over rolls and toast about 2 minutes, just until gold brown.
- Pile meat onto rolls and top with cheese. Return to broiler and heat just until cheese has started to melt about 30 sec -1 min