Rob does something with chicken, rosemary, chicken broth, potatoes, and broccoli in the pressure cooker. It’s yummy.
Tag Archives: pressure cooker
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 lbs sirloin steak tips, cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons (or more) cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions, chopped
- Turn pressure cooker to saute. Add all ingredients up to steak tips. Allow to dissolve.
- Pressure cook 45 minutes. Shut off pressure cooker, allow to depressurize naturally.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture to thicken as desired over saute setting.
- Serve over rice with sesame seeds and green onions.
- 3lb boneless beef short ribs, trimmed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Baby carrots (as tolerated)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Pat beef dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in pressure cooker on sauté and brown half of meet on all sides. Transfer to bowl.
- Add more oil to pressure cooker and heat until smoking. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Store in tomato paste and thyme, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps. Reduce slightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (less parsley) and beef.
- Bring to a boil with the lid off.
- Cook under pressure for 30 minutes.
- Let set for 15 minutes, release pressure.
- Add parsley, remove bay leaves (if possible).
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Cracked red pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
Note: Double sauce for pressure cooker
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce, cracked red pepper, and soy sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in water, pepper and sugar. Add broccoli, and cook stirring until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.