Wow, as a poor soul who just cannot process garlic, the first time I made this recipe I about died. I also, sadly, almost murdered my poor husband with my horrible garlic breath. I would like to see one of these random genetic studies that shows the genetic mutation for people who cannot tolerate garlic… I am, unfortunately, one of those people.
Well, in order to compensate for my deficiency, I have had to drastically alter the recipes for this dinner. To be fair, this was a mash up of a few recipes anyway.
This recipe needs you to do multiple things at one time. The best ideas is to prepare all ingredients (including grating cheese) before starting.
For this recipe to work, you need to use the Easy Alfredo recipe which is next up!
Total cooking time: 2 hrs (READ ALL OF THE NOTES ABOVE AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING)
Hands on time: 1 hour 30 mins ~ish
9 or 10 Lasagna noodles
~1.5lb of boneless skinless Chicken breast
1-2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2-6 oz Prosciutto, cooked and crumbled (according to instructions below)
1 small onion, chopped
6 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Ricotta
1/2 cup Sour Cream
8oz total Mozzarella, shredded, divided 6 oz + 2 oz
2.5 oz total Parmesan, shredded, divided 2 oz + 0.5 oz
2 TBSP Parsley, dried
1 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
salt and pepper
Easy Alfredo Sauce
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare an 11×9 Casserole (or smaller) pan with cooking spray.
Part 1: Make the Alfredo sauce (the next recipe on the blog) before starting all of this. Or cook along side if you are good at multitasking and timing!
- Boil the Chicken until cooked through. Shred the chicken using a Kitchen Aid mixer 🙂
- Cook the Lasagna noodles until mostly cooked (don’t overcook!), around 9-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet heat up the Vegetable oil.
- Cook the Prosciutto until almost crisp… then…
- Add in the onion and garlic. Once the onions are softened (about 3 minutes), dump the entire mixture onto a prepared paper towel fat-draining plate.
- Meanwhile create the cheese mixture, in a large bowl, combine Ricotta, Sour Cream, 6 0z Mozzarella, Parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
- On a greased surface. Lay out the cooked Lasagna noodles.
- Add ~1/4 cup of Cheese mixture and spread it out on the noodles
- Top that with ~2 tsp of the Onion/Prosciutto mixture (spread evenly throughout the noodles)
- Add an even amount of shredded chicken
- In the prepared baking dish, add enough Alfredo sauce to coat the bottom of the pan
- Roll each up each prepared lasagna noodle. Place in prepared alfredo sauce pan
- Top the completed rolls with the remaining Alfredo sauce.
- Top all with remaining 2 oz of Mozzarella, and 0.5 oz Parmesan
- Cook at 350, for 20 minutes, then switch to convection at 350 and cook for another 10 ish minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is mildly browned.