This is an awesome quick weeknight meal.
1 TBSP EVOO
1 small onion, chopped
8 oz Hot Italian Turkey sausage, casing removed
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 tsp flour
20 oz Chicken broth
2 cups water
8 oz Wagon Wheel pasta
5 oz Baby spinach
2 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded fine
Italian seasoning, as desired
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat (6.5 on our stove)
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes
- Stir in sausage and cook until broken up and no longer pink, about 4 minutes
- Stir in garlic, cook 30-60 seconds
- Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute
- Stir in broth, water, and pasta. Increase heat to medium- high (7.5).
- Bring to a vigorous simmer, and stir often until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened, 15-18 minutes.
- Stir in spinach a handful at a time until wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Top with extra parmesan.