This a quick weeknight meal. The mini loaves can be frozen individually and then taken out to defrost a day before.
Mini Turkey Meatloaves
Total Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: About 30 minutes
1 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
20 oz Ground turkey (one package)
20 oz Sweet italian turkey sausage (one pacakage)
30 Saltines, crushed (About 1 1/4 cup)
1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
2 Large Eggs
5 TBSP Whole Milk
3 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, with oven rack in middle position
- Cook the BBQ sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Mix together the Turkey, Turkey sausage, Saltines, Parsley, Egg, Milk, 5 TBSP thickened BBQ sauce, Garlic, Salt, Pepper.
- Form mixture into 5 equal loaves. (Freeze extras at this point)
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet at number 6 -7 (medium-high).
- Brown the loaves in the oil on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top each loaf with around 1 TBSP of the thickened BBQ sauce.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, then bake until the loaves are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.