By no means the real thing, but if you’re craving the rough flavor this might get you by.
- Yellow onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1-1.5lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Water, as needed
- Egg noodles or flat pasta
- Brown ground beef. Drain.
- Meanwhile, start water for pasta and cook per package directions.
- Add onion and garlic to beef. Sauté until onion is softened.
- Add broth, red wine, cream of mushroom soup, and gravy mix. Stir until mixed. Heat thoroughly.
- Add water to adjust consistency as desired.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream. Serve over pasta.