This is a great recipe. I owe the Cutting Edge of Ordinary for this one. As they say… this stuff looks like dog food but tastes delicious! I made a few alterations just based on personal taste.
Human Dog Food Casserole
Total cook time: 1 hr 15 mins (plus you need to defrost the tater tots and corn)
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
2 oz (4 TBSP) Sour cream
1/2 cup Milk
8 oz. (2 cups) Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded. Divided into 1 cup increments.
1 lb bag frozen Corn, defrosted
1 bag Ore Ida Crispy Crowns, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x13 inch pan.
- In a skillet cook the onion until softened, about 5 mins.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook another minute or so.
- Add the hamburger and cook until browned. Drain the mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together soup, milk and sour cream till well combined.
- Mix in the hamburger, cheddar cheese, and corn.
- Layer half of the crispy crowns on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with the hamburger mixture.
- Then layer the remaining crispy crowns on top.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden and crisp on top.