- 1 lb chunky pasta
- 1 bundle broccoli rabe, cut into 1″ segments
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 ounces mozzarella (cubed or shredded)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black peper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook pasta in large pot. 5 minutes before completion, add broccoli rabe. Drain together and set aside in large bowl.
- Brown sausage, put in bowl.
- In same pan, make bechamel sauce:
- Melt butter, add flour and whisk smooth.
- Drizzle in milk.
- Add salt, garlic, nutmeg, black pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauce to bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and mozzarella, mix thoroughly.
- Put in 11″x13″ baking dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until edges are bronzed.