We went blueberry picking today, and I needed something to do with 5 lbs of blueberries. So, cupcakes! I used this recipe from The Recipe Critic
Ingredients: (see the below for frosting ingredients)
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 TBSP fresh Lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl sift together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt
- In a large mixing bowl beat Eggs ad Sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes until light and creamy
- Add in Butter and Vanilla Extract and beat on low for about 1 minute, until well blended.
- Add in the dry ingredients continuing to beat on low speed until just incorporated. Don’t over-mix!
- Add Sour Cream, Lemon Zest, and Lemon Juice and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 300 g (2 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Heavy Cream
- Beat Butter on medium speed for approximately 30 seconds, until creamy
- Add in Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Juice, and Heavy Cream. Beat on high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag.