Nonna’s Chicken Soup
6 Large Cans College Inn Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or can use 4 cans if you want a little less)
1 Medium to Large Onion (cut in 4 pieces)
3 Stalks of Celery (chopped)
1 Package Baby Carrots
1 medium Broccoli head
1 Medium Russett Potato (cut in half)
1 whole cut up chicken – you can use any other kind of chicken meat too… thighs taste yummy (use less chicken if only using 4 cans)
Ancini di Pepe pasta
- Bring broth to a boil, add chicken and continue to boil lightly for 45-50 minutes.
- Add vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 1 hour.
- Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and place in a separate bowl.
- Pour remaining soup through a colander into a large bowl. Remove the potato halves and discard.
- Put separated vegetables into a blender to puree.
- Add vegetable puree, and broth back to large pot.
- Remove chicken from bones and add to the soup.
Once your soup is done. Ladle out the servings that you want into a smaller pot. For our soup mugs, use 5 ladlefuls per mug. Add in a heaping 1/3 cup Ancini di Pepe pasta per person, and bring to a boil. Cook until pasta is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.