So I found these amazing individually wrapped Churro flavored rice crispy treats at Geisslers. Needless to say, my first thought was, well these would be super easy to make ourselves and for a quarter of the price. So yeah, here’s what I came up with.
115 g (1 stick/8 TBSP) Unsalted Butter
566 g (2, 10oz bags) Mini Marshmallows, divided into about 450g and 110g
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
255g (1, 9oz box) rice crispy cereal
0.25 cups white sugar (could use a coarse turbinado type sugar too)
1.5 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare a 13×9 inch pan with parchment paper
- In a large sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the Butter and 450g Marshmallows until smooth, remove from heat.
- Add in the Salt and Vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Add in the Cereal, stirring until combined.
- Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 110g Marshmallows, stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan and press down into place.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes *but not completely. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the top. You want it to melt in a little bit.
- Allow to set for at least 1 hr then store in an airtight container.