1 Pizza dough (from the deli)
1/3 cup mixed olives in oil, finely chopped
1 TBSP capers, finely chopped
1/3 cup Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
4 oz (~8 slices) Genoa salami or sliced pepperoni
4 oz sliced Provolone cheese
4 oz Italian ham
4 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Fresh Basil, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
- Let pizza dough sit out and come to room temperature. Roll it out on a piece of Parchment paper to ~12×16 in. You may need to do this in stages to let the dough “rest” for 15-20 mins between attempts to roll out.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Place the dough on the parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Leave 1.5 in margin on the two short sides and 1 long side of the dough. Start by spreading the olive and caper mixture down the long side of the dough, making a ~4 -5 inch wide strip.
- Layer as follows:
- Salami (or pepperoni)
- Provolone cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Next fold up the 1.5 in long edge and the two short edges. Then fold the wider long edge up tightly to cover over the 1.5 in section. Finger press the dough tightly together all the way around.
- Allow to rest for ~15 minutes.
- Brush then entire top and sides with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins. If baking two at a time, use convection.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.