- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Cracked red pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oyster sauce, cracked red pepper, and soy sauce. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir-fry until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in water, pepper and sugar. Add broccoli, and cook stirring until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.