For thickening stuff
1 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Flour
1 cup Broth
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 large egg whites
1 cup Panko bread crumbs, toasted
2 oz Funyuns onion flavored rings, finely crushed (1 cup)
1 TBSP canola oil
salt and pepper
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
2, 1 lb boneless strip steaks, timmed of all visible fat, each steak halved
4 oz turkey breakfast sausage, chopped fine
1 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
2 tsp cornstarch
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a wire rack. Spray rack with Pam.
3. Add flour into one shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, whisk egg whites until foamy. In third shallow dish, combine toasted panko, Funyuns, oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne.
4. Pound steaks 1/2 inch thick with meat pounder then pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 steak at a time, dredge in flour, dip in egg whites, then coat with panko mixture; lay on prepared wire rack.
5. Roast steaks until meat registers 150- 155 degrees, about 1o minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook sausage in medium saucepan over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup milk and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch, then whisk into pot. Continue to simmer sauce, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over steak and serve.