So this is a recipe floating all around the internet. One of the “original” forms of this recipe calls for all sorts of terrible ingredients, like Bacos, gross. Anyway, this is our take on this dinner. Pretty easy to prepare, and certainly delicious.
Prep time: 1 hr (cooking bacon takes time)
Total cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
Around 6oz of your favorite Stuffing mixture
~1 1/2 (maybe 1 1/4, if you like dry stuffing) cups Chicken broth (for stuffing mixture)
2-4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (two if using “man bacon”, four if using “thin bacon”)
~1 lb Chicken thighs
~2 Broccoli crowns (maybe one large one if it’s not the worst part of the winter and big broccoli crowns can be found), florets chopped.
6 oz. Cheddar bacon (or cheddar jack) cheese, shredded.
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
Directions: Preheat the oven to 400 F. Prepare 2 small cookie sheets with pieces of foil that are large enough to wrap up the ingredients.
- Prepare the stuffing, and bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked, fry the chicken in bacon fat briefly on both sides to brown the outside.
- Layer each packet with stuffing, chicken, broccoli, cheddar, ranch, and bacon.
- Make each into a packet.
- Bake for 35 + mins until the chicken is well cooked.
- Allow to rest for 10 mins before eating!