This is another one of those comfort foods that I don’t make often enough.
1 double crust pastry
1 1/2- 2 lbs lean hamburger
1 small onion, minced
1 tsp Marjoram
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Italian spice
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup beef broth + ~1/4 to pour on top of pie
Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 F
1. Fit one of the prepared pie crusts into a 9 inch pie pan
2. In a skillet, brown the hamburger and onion.
3. Mix in the marjoram, salt, italian spice, pepper, bread crumbs, cheese, and broth
4. Turn mixture into prepared pastry shell.
5. Top with remaining crust, crimp edges and cut holes in the top. Brush the top with extra beef broth.
6. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes or until crust is golden.