We got this recipe from the Food Network. An easy, tasty stir fry.
Total prep/marinate time: 30+ minutes
Total cook time: 5 minutes
1 lb Chicken thigh, sliced
3 Scallions, white part only, thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 in fresh Ginger, peeled, minced
1 TBSP Soy sauce
2 TBSP Sugar
1 TBSP + 1 tsp Cornstarch
1 1/4 tsp Salt
1 TBSP dry Sherry
1 TBSP dark Sesame Oil
1/3 cup Water (in 1/3 cup, 2 TBSP increments
3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
16 oz Broccoli florets and stems, chopped
1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
1 TBSP Hoisin sauce
- In a medium bowl mix together: Chicken, Scallions, half of the Ginger, half of the Garlic, Soy sauce, Sugar, 1 TBSP Cornstarch, 1 tsp Salt, Sherry, and Sesame Oil. Marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 tsp Cornstarch with 1/3 cup Water. Set aside till step 9.
- Heat 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil in the wok at high heat.
- Add the Broccoli stems and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the Broccoli florets, remaining Garlic and Ginger, 2 TBSP Water, salt and pepper. Stir fry until broccoli is bright and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil in the wok. Reheat to high.
- Add the Chicken and Red Pepper Flakes. Stir fry until chicken is no longer raw colored and lightly brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Hoisin sauce, and reserve Broccoli mixture. Toss to mix.
- Add the Cornstarch and Water mixture. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken. If needed, add small amounts of water to thin the sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice.