From Real Simple
Total cook time: About 1 hour 30 minutes
Pumpkin Cream Whoopie Pies
3 TBSP unsalted butter, at room temp
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 oz (1/2 cup) canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
5 1/3 oz (2/3 cup) cream cheese, at room temp
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg. Mix till well combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Beat on setting 4 until fully incorporated.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture, 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Make an even number.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until puffed and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a cleaned mixer, beat the cream cheese, heavy cream, and confectioners sugar until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the flat sides of the cooled cookies with the cream mixture. Top with remaining cookies.