Tag Archives: pasta
- 1 lb chunky pasta
- 1 bundle broccoli rabe, cut into 1″ segments
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 ounces mozzarella (cubed or shredded)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black peper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook pasta in large pot. 5 minutes before completion, add broccoli rabe. Drain together and set aside in large bowl.
- Brown sausage, put in bowl.
- In same pan, make bechamel sauce:
- Melt butter, add flour and whisk smooth.
- Drizzle in milk.
- Add salt, garlic, nutmeg, black pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauce to bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan and mozzarella, mix thoroughly.
- Put in 11″x13″ baking dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until edges are bronzed.
Not a recipe so much as an ingredient list.
- Chicken thighs
- Pasta sauce
- Italian sausage (optional, only if you have time to let them stew in the sauce all day)
- Italian bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Sliced mozzarella
- Olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 6.5 oz cans tomato sauce
- .5 cup water
- 2 tbsp white sugar (optional?)
- 1.5 tsp tried basil leaves
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp salt
- .25 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp parsley. Simmer, covered, for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagna noodles for 8-10 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix ricotta, egg, 2 tbsp parsley, and .5 tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the 9×13″ ceramic baking dish:
- Spread 1.5 cups of meat sauce.
- Layer 6 noodles.
- Spread half the ricotta mixture.
- Top with a third of the mozzarella slices.
- Spread 1.5 cups of meat sauce.
- Sprinkle .25 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers, top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with release foil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake 25 additional minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before cutting.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves carlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 package baby spinach (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh basil
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Cook spaghetti and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain. Do not rinse.
- Cook bacon and set on paper towel lined plate. Keep fat on hot in pan.
- Fry chicken until cooked through.
- Drain pan, retaining a light sheen of fat.
- Fry garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stir one minute.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta water and heavy cream. Bring to simmer.
- Add spinach a handful at a time and allow to wilt.
- Remove from heat. Add spaghetti and toss until coated.
- Add chicken and crumbled bacon. Garnish with basil.
- 1lb ground beef
- 2.5 cups skim milk
- 1.5 cups hot water
- 150g elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Dash cayenne
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add pasta, milk, water and spices. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in cheese. Serve immediately.
A nice, quick Mac and Cheese. This comes from the Washington Post.
- 8 ounces cavatappi
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1.5 cups two or three cheese blend (cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack)
- Combine pasta and broth in rice cooker. Start cooker. Open the lid and stir every five minutes to prevent scorching until the pasta is done.
- Add milk and cheese. Close lid and heat until well combined, again opening the lid to stir every five minutes.