Wow… here is a recipe that is pretty much life changing 🙂 These things are perfect. Perfect for life, perfect for dinner, perfect for lunch, perfect for game-time, just perfect. I mean, BACON… CHEESEBURGER… PINWHEEL… the name says it all.
After much experimentation my husband and I decided that Gray’s Jamaican Spicy Sauce was the perfect accompaniment to these things. Purists may argue for plain old Katsup and Mustard, but since I think Katsup is gross, I would argue back 🙂 No honestly we tried all options, Katsup, Mustard, BBQ sauce, etc… Jamaican Spicy was just the best.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pinwheels
1 lb Lean Hamburger
3 TBSP Tomato sauce
1/4 cup Seneca Crispy Onions, crushed (or use whatever local brand you can find
6-8 strips of Bacon, cooked and chopped
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can refrigerated Pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a large bowl combine everything except the Pizza dough
- Roll out the pizza dough to approximately 9″ by 15″ and top with the hamburger mixture
- Starting with the long edge of the dough, roll up into a log
- Slice the log into 16 or so pieces, approximately 1 inch each. Don’t worry if the dough looks a little thin. It will puff up when it bakes. (see the picture below)
- Place the pinwheels onto a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Bake 15-18 minutes until
- Eat Up!