These wings are so good you would honestly never know that they are baked and not fried. They are much healthier than traditional wings, plus you can make them at home! (We don’t have a deep fryer at home… yuck). Seriously though, we aren’t that health conscious, but just the fact that we can make these at home is awesome.
The nice thing about these wings is that you can use whatever sauce you want. In the original recipe they tell you how to make your own buffalo sauce, but we actually prefer to toss them in a bit of barbecue sauce. Our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar.
Baked Buffalo Wings
1 lb Chicken wings (we use “party wings” or “wingettes”, that’s how our local store labels them)
1 TBSP Cayenne pepper
1 TBSP Salt
1 Tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fill a large pot halfway with water then add all the ingredients.
- Bring the water and chicken to a boil and allow to boil for 15 minutes
- Transfer the wings to a broiling tray covered in aluminum foil (or non-stick foil).
- Place in the middle of the oven under broil.
- Broil for 15 minutes, then flip them over and broil for another 15 minutes. Finally, flip them back over and broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the wings to a bowl and toss them in your sauce of choice. Start with a small amount of sauce and add more if desired. You may be surprised how a little sauce can go a long way!