This is a recipe for Lo Mein Noodles. Similar to the stuff you get a at Chinese takeout restaurant, but better.
It’s fairly easy to make, and we like to pair it with Fire Beef (see previous post)
Total cooking time: About 45 minutes
8 oz. Spaghetti
3 TBSP Soy sauce
2 TBSP Teriyaki sauce
2 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Sriracha sauce
1/4 tsp ground Ginger
2 TBSP Vegetable oil
3 stalks Celery, sliced
2 Carrots, sliced matchstick style
1/2 Sweet onion, sliced thin
2 Green onions, sliced
1/2 lb boneless skinless Chicken thigh, sliced paper thin
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Rinse with cool water. Drain again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, Honey, and Ginger.
- Heat the oil in a wok set to high.
- Add the Chicken and fry until mostly cooked through.
- Then add the Celery, Carrots, Sweet Onion, Green Onion until vegetables are softened and chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the cooked Spaghetti and the sauce mixture.
- Cook, tossing the ingredients together until noodles are heated through. About 5 minutes.