Mine did take longer to cook, but I had also made them the night ahead. I took the pan out of the fridge about an hour ahead of time, but I don’t think it was up to room temp. Either way these were absolutely amazing. Next time I may only make half the pan and freeze the rest, 12 was a little too many for just the 3 of us.
Category Archives: Breakfast
We firmly believe that pancake should NOT come from a box. Boxed mixes make it easy, and sometimes that is necessary, but this is our recipe for good old fashioned pancakes that are made from scratch.
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP white sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP butter, melted
Don’t forget the fresh maple syrup!
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add in milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix well
- Heat a griddle or pan to 4 or 5 on our stove. Pour around 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook until heated through.
These are simple and tasty breakfast bars. They are nice because they are not too sweet, and very filling.
Total cooking time: Less than an hour
Total hands on time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup Brown sugar
2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
2 large Eggs
8 oz. Plain Applesauce
3 medium Bananas, mashed
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Oats, and Walnuts in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together Eggs, Applesauce, Bananas, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Delicious Chocolate Muffins
1 package Devil’s food cake mix
1 15oz. can Libby’s pumpkin
6oz. (1/2 of 11.5 oz bag) Nestle Chocolate chunks
8oz. Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate in chunks
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix muffin ingredients together with a spoon till cake mix is moist.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes. (Makes 9 large muffins)
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring whipping cream and butter just to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate then pour the heated cream/butter mixture over it. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Allow the mixture to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Then spoon the mixture over muffins and allow them to sit until ganache sets.