Another Broccoli based slow cooker meal. This one is super easy to put together aside from chopping up the sun-dried tomatoes.
Total Cooking Time: 4-6 hours
1 Onion, minced
1/2 cup (1/2 a jar) Oil-packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry, and sliced thin.
6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 TBSP extra virgin Olive oil
1 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 cup dry White Wine
2 TBSP Minute Tapioca
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs, trimmed
12 oz. Broccoli florets, cut up
2 oz (1 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
16 oz Ziti, cooked
- Microwave Onion, 1/4 cup Tomatoes, Garlic, 1 TBSP Oil, Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes, stirring occasionally until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Stir in Broth, Wine, and Tapioca.
- Season the Chicken with salt and pepper then nestle into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- Transfer Chicken to cutting board then shred into bite-sized pieces. Then skim fat from the sauce in slow cooker.
- Start cooking the ziti.
- Microwave Broccoli and remaining TBSP of Oil until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir shredded Chicken and Broccoli into the sauce. Allow to heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup Tomatoes.
- Serve over ziti. Add additional Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.