On a recent trip to Vermont, we found an amazing hole in the wall Thai restaurant. Rob got some crispy chicken Pad Thai, while I had to go with Thai Red Curry. This of course set us on a mission to find a good curry recipe that we could make at home!
Thai Red Curry
- 1 TBSP Red Curry Paste
- 15 oz can Coconut Milk
- 0.75 oz Fresh Basil, chopped
- 8 oz can Bamboo Shoots, drained -OR-
- 8 oz can Water Chestnuts, drained (if you don’t have Bamboo Shoots)
- 3 Tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/3 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) Mushrooms
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh, cut up
- White Rice
- In a saucepan, combine Red Curry Paste and Coconut Milk. Simmer for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in Basil, Bamboo Shoots or Water Chestnuts, Fish Sauce, Chicken Stock, and mushrooms. Simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat Vegetable Oil in a wok. Saute the peppers, onions, and Chicken until cooked through.
- Spoon rice into a bowl, add Chicken mixture, top with sauce.