- 2lb marbled chuck steak (whole)
- Onion, minced
- Shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 stalks green onions
- Peanut oil
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Season steak generously with salt and pepper. Heat Instant Pot on Sauté (hit adjust to max). Add peanut oil and brown steak 7 minutes on each side, then remove and set aside.
- While browning, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and bone broth in glass measuring cup.
- Sauté onion and garlic in IP until softened. Add ginger.
- Deglaze pan with stock mixture. Turn off heat.
- Cut steak into small bites. Return to IP along with any juices.
- Pressure cook for 12 minutes, then natural release 12 minutes more.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch/water mixture and serve over rice.