I recently found this new recipe for some Oatmeal Breakfast bars. These are the perfect homemade replacement for a granola bar, much more satisfying, and very easy to make. This recipe is a slight modification of this recipe.
- 4 cups dry oats (old-fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter chips
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or eliminate this and use 1/4 cup more canola oil)
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a 13X9 pan with parchment paper (or grease it).
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup mix together oil, applesauce, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together.
- Fold dough into the prepared pan and press into place to create an even layer.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Notes: These can be frozen after being baked. Just cut into individual squares and freeze. Grab and go.