Well, this one won’t be for Rob, but sometimes I need to make something for just little man and myself. Or something that has leftovers. So Chicken Pot Pie!
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cubed
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 3/4 cup Frozen Peas
- 3/4 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 32 oz Chicken Broth (split off 2 1/4 cup and set aside)
- 1 cup Milk
- 9 in round Pie Crusts (top and bottom)
- 1 Egg white
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan, combine Chicken, Carrots, Celery, Peas, and Corn.
- Cover with Chicken broth (add a little water if needed to cover fully), and bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter, then saute onions until translucent.
- Add in the Flour and Spices, then slowly stir in the reserved (2 1/4 cup) Chicken Broth, and Milk
- Heat sauce until thickened.
- Meanwhile, Place the bottom pie crust in pie pan, and brush with egg white. Place in the preheated oven for 6 minutes
- Pour the Chicken and Vegetable mixture into the Sauce mixture and mix together
- Pour the entire mixture into your pre-warmed pie pan.
- Cover with the top pie crust and cut several slits in the top. Brush the top with egg whites.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden, and the mixture is bubbly .