- 3lb boneless beef short ribs, trimmed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Baby carrots (as tolerated)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Pat beef dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in pressure cooker on sauté and brown half of meet on all sides. Transfer to bowl.
- Add more oil to pressure cooker and heat until smoking. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Store in tomato paste and thyme, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps. Reduce slightly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (less parsley) and beef.
- Bring to a boil with the lid off.
- Cook under pressure for 30 minutes.
- Let set for 15 minutes, release pressure.
- Add parsley, remove bay leaves (if possible).