- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves carlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 package baby spinach (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh basil
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
- Cook spaghetti and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain. Do not rinse.
- Cook bacon and set on paper towel lined plate. Keep fat on hot in pan.
- Fry chicken until cooked through.
- Drain pan, retaining a light sheen of fat.
- Fry garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes and stir one minute.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta water and heavy cream. Bring to simmer.
- Add spinach a handful at a time and allow to wilt.
- Remove from heat. Add spaghetti and toss until coated.
- Add chicken and crumbled bacon. Garnish with basil.