- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- .7 ounce package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 5 lb pot roast
- 3-5 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in water
- Flat pasta
- Combine broth with salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in sauce pan. Stir well and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place roast in slow cooker and pour broth mixture over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred.
- Dump braising liquid into fat separator. Pour 90% of mixture (excluding fat) into a saucepan.
- Return meat to slow cooker. Pour remaining braising liquid into meat and stir. Set slow cooker to keep warm.
- Bring remaining braising liquid to a boil and reduce 10-15%. Add cornstarch/water mixture until thickened as desired. Pour gravy into slow cooker and mix with meat.
- Serve over flat pasta.