This is an oldie but goodie. I remember my mom making this for us all the time when we were kids.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 8 TBSP (1/2 cup) Butter, melted
- 16 oz Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Flour a 9×9 in pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together Flour, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Cloves, and Baking Soda
- Add in Nuts, Raisins, Melted Butter, and Applesauce, beat until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 45-50 mins.
- Cool and ice with vanilla or cream cheese Icing.