1/2 cup Butter
2/3 cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Cornmeal
1 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease and 8×8 in pan.
- In a measuring cup, combine baking soda and buttermilk, set aside. In a separate bowl combine cornmeal, flour, and salt, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Add in the buttermilk mixture, stir well.
- Add in cornmeal mixture, mix until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes