The peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s kiss on top!
Total cook time: About an hour
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (Jif)
2 TBSP milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
48 milk chocolate kisses (usually one bag is enough)
1/2 cup sugar for rolling the dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Use ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the candies. Mix on low speed (Kitchenaid 2) until dough is well formed.
- Shape dough into teaspoon sized balls.
- Roll dough balls in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. (8 minutes for thin cookie sheet, 9 minutes for the thicker aluminum sheet)
- Take out of oven and top each cookie with a candy kiss, pressing down firmly to make cookie crack around the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.