These can be either oatmeal raisin or oatmeal chocolate chip depending on your crowd!
This recipe is the Quaker Oats recipe.
Total cook time: Maybe an hour
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats (either old fashioned or quick cooking)
1 cup raisins OR chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Use ungreased cookie sheets.
- In mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. About 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in to the dough mixing well.
- Stir in the oats, raisins/chocolate chips, and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.