A holiday time staple! I often double the recipe since this doesn’t produce that many cookies.
Total cook time: About an hour
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup confectioners sugar – for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Use an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- In the mixer, cream together shortening, butter, and confectioners sugar.
- Blend in the almond extract, vanilla, and nuts.
- Gradually add in the flour and salt mixture. Mix until dough is smooth.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, roll in confectioners sugar while hot.