A Christmas morning staple!
Total cooking time: 90 mins
Prep time: 20 mins
Cranberry Nut Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP grated orange peel
3/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in egg, orange peel, and orange juice until mixture is just evenly moist.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.