Sort of like a Jalapeno popper, but better! This goes perfectly with Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes! In that recipe I go over how to cook both of these things at the same time.
Total Cook Time: 1hr 10 mins
4-5 Boneless skinless Chicken thighs
1 tsp EVOO
4 Jalapeno peppers, deseeded and chopped
4 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
2-3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I like the big block that is covered in red wax)
1 cup Italian style Panko bread crumbs
2 tsp Taco seasoning
1/2 tsp Parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover a small cookie sheet in foil.
- Pound both sides of each chicken thigh with a meat tenderizer/ mallet to flatten it and even it out. Then set aside.
- Note: some small chunks may fall off or almost fall off when tenderizing. Thats fine, they’ll be used later to plug up the ends of the rolled up chicken.
- Mix the Panko, taco seasoning, parsley, and salt into a bowl. Put the beaten egg into a separate dish.
- Heat EVOO in a skillet. Then add in jalapenos and cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and cheddar. Mix well.
- Lay out the chicken thighs flat, with the outside (shiny side) down. Evenly distribute the jalapeno/cheese mixture between the thighs. Put the dollop on the fattest part, don’t spread it all over.
- Roll each of the thighs into a log.
- Dip each piece in the egg, then into the panko mixture and cover completely. Place onto the prepared sheet.
- If needed, use the smaller pieces of the chicken that fall off to plug up the ends of the rolled up chicken.
- Bake for 30- 35 mins until chicken is cooked through.