Finally, a good banana bread! This one is courtesy of the Food Network.
Total cook time: 2 hrs
Baking time: 1hr 10mins
1 cup granulated sugar
8 TBSP (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 TBSP milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes on mixing speed 6.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.