A really good side dish. We’ve made these potatoes with meatloaf, roasts, chicken etc… The original recipe is from Food & Wine.
2 lbs Fingerling potatoes, washed and chopped into half inch round pieces
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 lb thick sliced deli Pancetta, cubed
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh Dill, finely chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until softened and the potatoes are golden brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Toss with the dill right before serving.
These can be made a few hours ahead of time if desired. To reheat them, spread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 325 F oven until reheated.