1 onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1/2 tsp oregano
2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into quarters
1/2 cup whole milk
1 lb 85% lean ground beef
8 oz Italian sausage, without its casing
2 large eggs
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1/3 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry, chopped fine
4 oz thin sliced mortadella
4 oz thin sliced hard salami
4 oz thin sliced provolone cheese
3/4 cup jarred tomato sauce
1. Line slow cooker with aluminum foil collar and foil sling.
2. Microwave the onion, garlic, oil, and oregano in bowl, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl using fork. Mix in the onion mixture, ground beef, sausage, eggs, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper, using hands.
4. Transfer half of the mixture into slow cooker and press into an even layer. Layer mortadella, salami, and provolone evenly over meat mixture. Press the remaining meat mixture into even layer on top of the provolone. Brush meatloaf with tomato sauce.
5. Cover and cook until meatloaf is tender, about 4 hours.
6. Using sling, transfer meatloaf with foil to service platter, allowing juice to drain back into cooker. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.