This stuff is an excellent copycat of the “Tastefully Simple” boxed bread. Very easy to make.
I recommend using an ale or wheat beer. You don’t want anything too light (Corona), too heavy (IPA) or anything dark (Guinness). I think a regular old Budweiser or the like is probably the best, but we’ve also used Sam Adams, Weissbier, etc…
3 Cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 Cups sugar
12oz beer (not light or corona- we used bud light)
3 Tablespoons butter, melted.
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Stir in beer. Dough will be sticky.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pain.
- Pour melted butter on top of the dough (it looks like a lot of butter, but it soaks into the dough as it cooks!)
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool for about 10 minuts then remove from pan to finish cooling.