A man’s stew! From all recipes.
Total cook time: 3+ hours
1 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1.5 lbs ground pork
1.5 lbs ground beef
3 lb whole chicken, cooked and deboned
3, 14.5 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Hickory BBQ sauce
1 tsp+ Hot Sauce
1 green pepper, whole
3, 14.7 oz cans creamed corn
salt and pepper, to taste]
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add onions and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and beef and cook till browned. Do not drain.
- Transfer the mixture into a large pot over low heat.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, ketchup, and BBQ sauce, and hot sauce.
- Add the green pepper, whole.
- Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickenend.
- Stir in the creamed corn, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Remove the green pepper, finely chop, and stir back into the stew.